Are you a trader? And planning to generate some earnings through online sources, then eCommerce is the right platform for you. An eCommerce site not only helps you to earn some extra bucks, but also, it helps to generate loyal customers and acquire online market. Now-a-days people are so fascinated towards online shopping, as it saves their money and time. It’s a good platform for traders to interact with the customers directly and can increase brand popularity.
All you need is a domain name, hosting server and a nice web design to launch your eCommerce site, right! But before you launch your website, you must have a good web design and layout. There are some essential features that you must have in your eCommerce site.
Here are some main features of eCommerce website that you must not ignore:
- Logo visibility: As eCommerce sites deal with different brands, therefore every product should have clearly mentioned brand name and its logo.
- Attractive yet Simple navigation: With website design and layout the navigation should be clear and simple to use. A poor navigation can increase the bounce rate. People would be less interested to spend their time on finding the products they want. Therefore, proper navigation is must.
- Hacker Protection: An eCommerce site must be protected from hacking and fraud, as Customers are using their confidential information like credit and debit card information to shop online. All important security steps should be taken by the website owner.
- Shopping Cart: Without a proper shopping cart an eCommerce site is not an eCommerce site. Mode of payment, currency, tax rates, languages, shipping rate calculation etc. should be available.
- Constant up-time and Speed: Your site must be available for 24 hours 7 days and it should be on better speed. This will keep your customers engaged with your site.
- Comparison feature: Comparison feature will help your customer choose the best product in the aspect of price, brand or features.
- Customer support: Customer support service helps to build an ongoing relationship with your customers. Improving customer experience will helps to improve your site popularity.
- Quality Images: The first thing which encourages a customer to purchase a product is its Image. As customer cannot feel, smell or touch the product on a website, therefore it is the product image which can build trust to purchase it.
- Zoom feature: The images should be incorporated with zoom feature. The customer should be able to see the images from different angles to select which product is to achieve gratification.