According to the Statistics, till the year of 2013, around 61% of global population was using mobile phones. The use of internet on mobile phones is increasing more rapidly. The internet users over smartphones will increase by 83% in the end of this year. Mobile site is becoming an essential part of our life; it acts like a necessity now. Later the people were using it to receive and make phone calls only, but now with the innovative technology there are so many things you can do on it. It has made our life easy but dependable too.
In the month of the April 2015, Google has launched a new search algorithm for mobile friendly sites, called “Mobilegeddon”. According to it, Mobile site will get advantage of audience traffic and the websites which are not, will see a drop in SERP ranking. The keywords ranking is different in Mobile and desktop SERP and so competition. Therefore, it is now important to convert your website into a mobile site.
Things to keep in mind while preparing for Mobile Site:
- Your website should be view-able on all modern devices.
- Software like flash which are not supported by all mobile devices should be avoided.
- Checkout whether the text is readable on your mobile devices or not and change it accordingly.
- The size of content should be fitted to the mobile screen so that people don’t have to scroll it every time they read your site.
- Links should be clickable, for that the space among links should be enough.
- Checkout the speed of your website on mobile. It should not take much time to upload.
- Lots of popup windows should be avoided, as they can irritate your audience and lead high bounce rate.
- If your mobile URL is distinct from your desktop URL, then you must redirect it properly.
- Use responsive Web designs, which will help to serve the same content on mobile and desktop websites.
- Login to your Webmaster Tools account and check the Google updates. Google will inform you with all the errors your site having.
You can do a mobile friendly test on GOOGLE DEVELOPERS and find relevant changes your sites needed.