When we talk about Data Management, the beginning part of it is data processing. Data processing is the indispensable part of data management. Data processing is the method of converting the large and unorganized data into organized form. It is always easy to find out your required data from an organized or a systematic form. Data processing is the way to extract consequential and substantial data out of extensive data. Plotting information in a concise form would help it in dissemination. It is similar to the computer system, where the inputs or raw data going through a process to produce a meaningful output or information.
There are different steps in Data processing, these are:
1) Data collection: Data collection team collects the data from different sources. The selection of sources depends upon the types of data required, at this stage data is in raw form.
2) Data editing or sorting: After collecting the data, the raw data are delivered to the data editing team, where they extract the relevant and specific data required by the client. Saving of consequential data and discarding of unwanted data is done. Here the data is categorized for further use.
3) Data coding: Data coding or bucketing is the step where the relevant data collected is ready to categorize in different forms. The data is structured in tables, pie charts or bar graphs. Data coding helps to concise the huge data.
4) Data entry: Now it’s time to enter the data in the available software, from where it can be processed. Data entry can be done online or offline. Data entry team cross check the data and enter the data in their related field.
5) Data cleansing: In this step, data cleansing team checks the quality of data. They reassure the relevancy and accuracy of data. They clean out the faulty or imperfect data.
6) Data Assortment or formatting: This is the last step, where the faultless data is formatted as per the client requirement. This step makes the data handy. After data assortment step, the data is fool proof and ready to use.
In data processing, above all the steps are important which makes the data fully reliable. Data processing helps to get the useful decisions without wasting the time; therefore it is the requirement of every organization.