I usually read books or novels in free time. I love to read Fictions. So today, I decided to share the type of mistakes a fiction writer does. I just tried to point out the common mistakes of fictional writing below.
What is Fictional writing?
Fictional writing is associated with the imaginary writing, without any fact. This type of writing is just to entertain readers. Fictional writing could be of different types like; Realistic fiction, historical fiction, fantasy, science fiction, folk tales, fairy tales, etc. Writer takes some incidents from real life and combines it with his imagination, to create a fictional story.
Some of the common fictional writing mistakes and their solution to fix them:
- Lack of suspense: The chief mistake of a fiction writer is to start the story directly. This will drop the interest of a reader. There should always be the different possibilities in the story. Readers should be fascinated with the story. The story should be intriguing and this is the only way to make your readers finish the book.
- Make characters talk rather than think: There are many books in the market, in which writer makes their characters think more than engaging them in a conversation. It is like every character is in dreams most of the time. You should be very careful while doing this. Always use interesting conversation among characters, in this way every character of your book would able to make an image in your reader’s mind.
- Clean out boring dialogues: Dialogues, which are repeated and very common, are usually boring while reading. For example, if a boy proposing a girl for marriage, rather than asking it “Will you marry me?” you can show your creativity here, and can do it in different ways, which will increase the excitement of your readers.
- Use common language of conversation: Do not use the words too much which are difficult for readers to understand or which makes them to sit with a dictionary. Your characters should talk in a common language. Words should be used according to the image of a character. Like, type of language a city born and well educated person will use and in which way an uneducated person will talk.
- Grammatical error: Last but not the least; grammar is the most important part in a story narration. Every writer should have technical knowledge of the language they are writing in. They should be aware of the rules of a language. A writer must know the reason behind every rule so that he can use the language in a better and perfect way. Grammar is so sensitive that it can convert a positive sentence into negative one or vice versa.
These are all the mistakes I personally think that a fiction writer should consider on.